Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year's Curse

I have a friend from Chile who has spent the last week feverishly cleaning her house. In her country there is a tradition that however your house looks on New Year's Day is the way it will look like most of that coming year. Well, we had a wild day yesterday. My husband was working and I was trying to update my website but it wasn't going well. Meanwhile, the kids were running to the park, playing with friends and watching TV. I totally lost track of the time and when my husband walked in the door, I suddenly looked up and realized we were already late for a party. We got the kids cleaned up and ran out the door, leaving a tornado behind us. So I guess I'm cursed to spend the next year up to my armpits in piles of old school papers, dirty socks and sneakers, and cast off jackets and scarves.

Luckily, I don't believe in curses. I'm actually looking forward to wonderful things happening in the next year. My second son who will be leaving on a mission (the first is still out.) Another son will hopefully finish his Eagle and go off to college. The other kids are doing well in school. I'm going to have my first book published and my second book has already been accepted (if I ever get the rough draft done.) Lastly, I am surrounded by wonderful people in a new area of the country and hope to continue to meet new people both professionally and socially.

It looks to be a great year. Now if I can just get a a corner of my desk cleared off... oh, well. Maybe I do believe in curses.

2 comments:

yellowthumbelina said...

oh christine...i love you!

Kari Pike said...

We had the kids and grandkids for the holidays. It looked like a refugee camp around here with 25 of us sharing rooms and strep throat! And you know...I wouldn't have it any other way!

How exciting for you to get your book published and a contract for more!! I look forward to reading them.