Thursday, March 6, 2008

My New Cover is Here!!!

It is incredible that it is finally here. First, I wrote a story. It was a quiet and lonely experience except when I was yelling at my kids to keep it down so I could focus and get in one more scene. Or when my children totally ignored me and wrestled around happily anyway.

Then I sent it out and did a victory dance. It was exciting for a few weeks but after the contract was signed- nothing. It was as though it had never been accepted- like it had all been a dream.

I expected the editing process to be extensive but there weren't many changes so two days of working with my editor (I'll take this as a sign that I had very clean copy) and even that seemed almost surreal. It was like I knew I had a book coming but the words seemed empty as though I was making it up.

Yesterday the cover arrived, and now it is REAL. You can even see my two boys about to jump into the "potty pond" on the front cover, if you look really carefully (it is the crayon picture.)

Just a few more weeks and I'll be able to actually hold it in my hands- "The Crayon Messages: A Visiting Teaching Adventure". I can't imagine!

I think you are going to love this book.

No comments: