Friday, March 25, 2011

The Blue Screen of Death

I've never experienced the blue screen of death until last week when I lost over 15 pages of writing. (No, I didn't save.) I was on a roll and had written ferociously for a few hours when it happened. The last time I had saved was before the good parts I had just come up with when POW-- it was ALL gone.

I rebooted at the computer seemed alright but I had lost trust in its abilities. That old saying "fool me once shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me" came to mind so forced my husband to march to Costco and buy the cheapest best one they had. We got an HP that they were closing out. It was on sale and we had to get the floor model because it was the last one but now I can type with confidence and I was able to finish another 7,000 words.

This weekend the boys are at the father sons campout so I'm writing all tomorrow. I'm hoping for a boon. I'll report tomorrow.

Current word count: 67, 492

No comments: