Saturday, April 26, 2008

Apparently, I've Been Tagged

Suzie Roberts tagged me on my group blog, www.atonofauthorsandawannabe.blogspot.com, so I'm responding here. I'm supposed to divulge seven things about me. So here goes:

1. I have 2 boys on a mission at the same time and once the older one gets back, my next son will leave. It's a good thing we encouraged them to earn a good portion of their mission because it would be tight making the equivalent of another mortgage payment.

2. My parents met my husband before I did. They were in a Stake Christmas play together before I finished college. When I came home after graduation, there he was and six months later we were married. (I asked him.)

3. I moved 17 times growing up and 13 times since I've been married. It's been hard on my husband who grew up in the same house his whole life but that's just how the job thing has gone. Greg was with the same company for the first 15 years of his career and has been with his second company for the last 10- they just keep moving him around.

4. I sang a solo in Notre Dame Cathedral and had a lead role in an opera. I believe at one time my voice was quite nice but since my thyroid has decided to swell around my vocal chords, it just isn't quite the same.

5. I don't have favorites. Whenever people ask what is your favorite movie or your favorite food, I have to lie and make something up because I like different things at different times. Sometimes I'm in the mood for savory, sometimes sweet and sometimes a surprise. With movies sometimes I like something thought-provoking and other times I just want childish escapism. I do know what I don't like but if it is in any category of "great," I love it equally.

6. I'm totally addicted to spider solitaire and literati (on yahoo). I'll go months without playing them but then somehow get sucked in. The thing that gets me is that you can always win both games, if you are clever enough. I like a challenge that I know is doable.

7. I think I can do anything. It is my greatest flaw. I often get plowed under by reality but then I give myself a good peptalk and I'm back on the planet of completely unrealistic dreams which is where I live.

Now I'm supposed to tag someone else. Only problem is that most of the people I know have already been tagged and so I'll close because I'm so tired I'm about to pass out.

2 comments:

Marsha Ward said...

Christine, it's interesting the similarities we have. I once had two sons out on missions. Then my daughter left, too, and I had three out at once. That only lasted a few months, though, very fortunately!

I haven't sung in Notre Dame, but I have soloed with the Tempe AZ Symphony in a John Rutter work. Then I had half my thyroid removed, and my voice hasn't been the same since the surgery. [black scowl]

I also find it hard to pick a hard-and-fast favorite among the things I enjoy doing/watching/eating, etc.

We must be bosom buddies or kindred spirits!

Blogger said...

Hmmm... I'm only a 5-day-old blogger in terms of experience with this but check out my blog: www.familybuildingfromwhereIsit.blogspot.com

I found you doing a google search to see if it had been "crawled" and would surface. No luck!

Two of my boys (now 33 and 35) were "adopted" by the LDS church in Morristown, NJ so they could be Boy Scouts. The Bishop was their baseball coach and was angry that they had been told by the Boy Scout leaders in our county that since they had no dad, their mom, ME, would have to fulfill all those duties! Ben Markham said that he had more than enough dads to go around and welcomed them with open arms!
Cindy