Saturday, January 17, 2009

It will HAVE to be a Miracle

I don't know if I'm going to make it. I'm trying to get my current work, "The Strabeck Codicil" finished and entered in the Amazon Break-out Novel contest by February 2nd. Unfortunately life keeps getting in the way.

Greg, my hubby, has these reports from work that he wants my help with so I've been doing work for him all weekend. I had a wedding and children that needed help with projects for the end of the semester. AHHH!

Then I went to writer's group and they told me what I knew, that my central conflict was getting muddy. It was. I've got to accept that the most driving relationship is a love story and let it be a romance with strong family themes but a romance none the less and do a major rewrite. Yuck!

So I'm at 31,000 words and less than halfway through with three weeks before deadline. I've got to finish AND have an incredible pitch. Today I'll finish Greg's stuff and get back at it.

Will I make it?

Don't know, but I'm hoping for a miracle.

1 comment:

Kari Pike said...

You can do it!!! I know you can!Hugs~